Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does a ML domain cost?
- Who can register ML domains?
- How can I use ML domains?
- How long can I keep my free domain? Is it free forever?
- What is the difference between a free and a paid domain?
- What is the content policy of free domains?
- Where can I register a ML domain?
- How can I become a ML domain reseller?
- Does Point ML have a WHOIS service?
- Which types of payment do you support?
- Where can I get support?
ML domains will be available for purchase as well as free registration. Paid domains can be purchased for CAF 5,000 (US$ 9.95) per year, except for trademark and "special domains". You can check whether a domain is "special" or not, as well as its price, when doing an availability check on www.point.ml.
Any individual or legal entity can register a ML domain. There is no restriction on the number of domains a single person or entity can own.
ML domains can be used like any other domain. You can build a professional or personal website, use them for email, blog or any other purpose. ML domains can be configured using our DNS, a custom DNS, or URL Forwarding.
Free domains remain free forever. You only need to renew them at least once per year. Two weeks before the end of the chosen registration period, we will send you an email to confirm you want to renew that domain. Renewals are always free.
- Free domains can be registered for a period between 1 and 12 months. You can keep them for longer, but they must be renewed at the end of each registration period. If you do not renew your domain name in time, it will expire. Paid domains can be purchased and registered for 1 to 10 years.
- Free domains must point to an active page or website. Blank or empty websites are prohibited to prevent domain squatting. Paid domains do not have this restriction.
- Free domains must comply with the Free Domain Policy. This policy forbids certain types of content on your domain, such as adult content or gambling. Any domain that is found to infringe on this policy may be removed without notice. Paid domains do not need to comply with the Free domain Content Policy but must still respect our Paid Domain Terms and Conditions, which also prohibits certain illegal contents.
- Free domains registrant only have a right of use, and the domain remains the property of the Registry, who is also the owner listed in the WHOIS. Paid domain registrants have more rights and can have their name listed on the WHOIS.
The Content Policy for free domains can be found on our policies page. It lists all types of content that are forbidden on free domains. Any domain which is found to display any of the content types listed in the policy may be removed without notice. The content policy does not apply for Paid and Special domains.
ML domains can be registered directly from this site (www.point.ml) or from any ML domain reseller.
Any legal entity can apply to become a ML domain reseller, whether located in or outside of Mali. An ICANN Registrar accreditation is not required to resell ML domains.
At this moment we accept bank wire for payment, for both incoming national as well as international payments.
If you have any questions you can visit our Point ML Contact Us page.